I am proud to have graduates practicing massage from the the Big Island to Sweden and Russia

I am proud to have graduates practicing massage from the the Big Island to Sweden and Russia
WORLD CLASS MASSAGE THERAPY

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

LEARN FROM THE TEACHER WHO COACHES MASSAGE INSTRUCTORS

GENO IS ALSO A "TEACHER OF TEACHERS"

BONNIE HOKULANI HENSHAW
FOUNDER OF:
"HOKULANI MASSAGE ACADEMY"

In the mid 1990's, I had the pleasure of teaching Bonnie Hokulani Henshaw L.M.T. how to become an incredible massage therapist.  She finished my entire educational program which launched her into a successful career as a therapist.

In 1989, I started teaching State Accredited massage classes on the Big Island.  About 17 years later, in 2006, I asked Bonnie to join me as my "Assistant" at my massage training center in Kailua-Kona.  As time passed, I observed her continual efficient, and practical teamwork efforts.  I felt she could possibly evolve into a substitute teacher at my massage training center.  With that thought, I began training her in my methods as an educational instructor,  While she diligently observed me teaching an entire 150 hour course, she took extensive notes on my methods of teaching.  After several months, I felt confident that she was capable of becoming a massage/anatomy educator.  Soon I put her to the test.  I added her as a part time instructor, and her new career was created.   I soon elevated her status as my "Vice Principal".  Over the next 5 years, I trained Bonnie the in's and out's of the State clerical aspect of running and maintaining a massage education program, as well as my methods of  anatomical instruction.   Bonnie also inherited my internationally acclaimed massage techniques from the courses she took from me as a massage student.

Today, Bonnie is the Principal and founder of "Hokulani Massage Academy" in Kamuela on the Big Island.   In the past, Bonnie has acknowledged how greatful she is for all that I have been able to share with her in all aspects of the art of becoming an educational provider.  With her gracious comments, I feel proud to have played an important role in the success of her quality educational methods.  My congratulations is extended to Bonnie Hokulani Henshaw L.M.T. for her success, not only as a massage therapist, but also as an educator to the next generation of massage therapists.  If anyone is interested in taking superior massage classes, rest assured.  Anyone in the North part of the Big Island, I highly recommend you seriously consider enrolling at "Hokulani Massage Academy". 


I have had the honor of educating 
Dr. Tom “Chakraman” Sherman Ph.D.

From author, to many other contributions to the people of the world, Tom is one amazing man.  Added to his many accomplishments, since taking my classes, he has become a faculty member of the Acupressure Institute in Berkeley, California and the Healing Arts Institute in Sacramento California.
FROM TOM:
It has been seventeen years since I studied with GENO ORTIZ L.M.T. at his excellent center for massage and anatomical education.  When I shared my interest of enrolling in massage classes with my circle of friends, I was curious of all the positive comments I heard of this instructor name Geno.  I was told of his accomplishments in the massage profession, and also that he educates massage with emphasis on intricate muscular applications.  I am thankful that I sought him out, and enrolled in his courses.  My investment of time with Geno has enhanced my therapeutic life beyond my expectations.  My appreciation and utilization of his creation of Muscular Massage protocol remains central to my teaching and healing practice. Geno is a Master in sharing and transferring his knowledge, skill, and experience to the students lucky enough to study with him. The principle of addressing each major muscle from origin to insertion in the direction of the muscle fibers garners rave reviews from my professional client/athletes that know their bodies well. Geno's enthusiasm, for the work he created, is reflected on client faces and in their comments when their session is complete and they feel the results in their bodies".  When I am dealing with clients who are under Drs. care, Geno's "Medical Massage" therapy methods are superior.  Geno's many years of working side by side with surgeons, doctors, and chiropractors give evidence to his superior skills, not only as a Medical Massage Therapist, but also as an instructor of Medical Massage Therapy.
  
In addition to his teaching career, Tom also maintains a private healing practice in both Oakland & Calistoga, California.  He offers individual bodywork sessions and personalized wellness consultation for clients combining muscular massage, energy work, acupressure, adventures in nature, self created ritual, and self care recommendations. He offers a variety of transformational workshops focused on Energy Medicine. 


I have wonderful appreciation for having had the honor of educating Tom and Bonnie Hokulani.  I know they will keep up the great work and I am sure they are teaching some great therapists of the future. Much Aloha to the two of you, and the students fortunate to study with you.